Thursday, September 13, 2012


call·ing [kaw-ling]:

noun
1. the act of a person or thing that calls.
2. vocation, profession, or trade: What is your calling?
3. a call or summons: He had a calling to join the church.
4. a strong impulse or inclination: She did it in response to an inner calling.
 
A calling. That's what I have. This inner urge to fulfill what God has laid on my heart. I truly believe that being a wife and mother is the most important job. Ever.
Titus 2: 3-5 states:
" The aged women likewise, that they be in behaviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things;4 That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children,5 To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed."  KJV
 
Whaaa?? <gulp> No pressure, right?
I struggle. Everyday. This is not easy. To be responsible as a help-meet, as a nurturer, to walk the fine line between leading your children and obeying your husband. And what if your husband's personality is not bent in the leadership role? Oh, so many variables that can and do go against the grain. Somedays, it takes all I have to get back up. Satan likes to see us lose our cool. He relishes when we fall away from God because our un-worthiness is too much to handle. We are human and think we know a better way. But ladies......as women of God, we need to stand firm in our faith. Stand strong in the belief that if Jesus brought you to it -He will bring you through it.
I continue to pray for what I need for the day....for the morning.....sometimes even for the moment. I do my best to remember that Jesus is waiting for me. He will comfort me in my time of trouble, just as my daddy did when I was a child. He is our father, He has a plan. He just desires our willingness. As the saying goes, "God doesn't call the qualified, He qualifies the called."
Encouragement and affirmation. We all need these things. Women especially. I pray that the Lord continues to show us how important WE are and how important our job is. I have to hold my head high, know that I am a protected child of God, and try again. Just try.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment